Some Cases Require Additional Care
For difficult cases, concussion patients may require a referral to neuropsychologists, sport medicine physicians, neurologists, performance vision optometrists, occupational therapists, naturopathic doctors and physiatrists.
These healthcare practitioners meet various rehabilitation needs of post-concussion syndrome, including:
- Vestibular and motor coordination rehabilitation for ongoing balance impairment
- Visual rehabilitation; cervical proprioceptive training
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Neurocognitive rehabilitation for memory and attention problems
- Monitored heart-rate specific exercise programs to increase blood flow and oxygenation to the brain tissue
Contact us to be a part of our referral network.