Concussion Tracker App Adds Powerful New Test Feature to Assist in the Detection, Reporting and Communication of Concussions
App now offers validated evidence-based Neurocognitive testing for use free of charge to all app users.
OAKVILLE, ONTARIO – November 15, 2021 – Complete Concussion Management Inc. (CCMI) announced an update to their Concussion Tracker app for iOS and Android devices. The Concussion Tracker allows for easy recognition, removal, assessment, reporting, documentation, safe management and return to activity clearance following concussion.
Evidence demonstrates that concussion recovery is directly linked to detection. A cross-sectional study of 162 youth athletes found that those who initiated clinical care earlier recovered faster and were less likely to experience a prolonged recovery time.1
“We’ve implemented a neurocognitive test that was developed by the US military to detect concussions right on the battlefield,” said Dr. Cameron Marshall, DC, President, CCMI. “It’s shown to be one of the best neurocognitive tests for detecting concussion that there is, and results are immediately compared to an athlete’s preseason baseline test.”
This latest feature is free to all users and allows them to submit a report and notify everyone within their network in real time.
Coaches, trainers, and teachers can:
- Assess and report suspected concussions directly to trained healthcare practitioners.
- Conduct neurocognitive testing directly on the app for baseline, sideline, and post-injury testing.
- Instantly compare sideline testing with an athlete’s preseason baseline test results.
- Access concussion training materials with sport-specific exercises and restrictions at each recovery stage.
- Stay informed about recovery progress and milestones for all athletes/students under their guidance.
- Send regular updates to and receive clearance notifications from treating healthcare practitioners.
- Upload medical clearance letters to an athletes file for safe storage and clear record keeping.
Patients/athletes and parents can:
- Complete a baseline neurocognitive test directly on the app.
- Find clinics and book appointments directly from the app.
- Provide regular updates to treating healthcare practitioners such as ongoing symptoms, concerns, workload and school progress, among others.
- Access concussion records at any partnered Complete Concussion Management clinic worldwide.
The Concussion Tracker app is free for everyone and is currently available in the Apple App Store and Google Play.
To learn more, please visit completeconcussions.com/concussion-tracker.
About Complete Concussion Management Inc.
Complete Concussion Management Inc. (CCMI) provides comprehensive evidence-based concussion training and education to multidisciplinary healthcare practitioners as well as the Concussion Sideline Course to coaches, trainers and teachers to inform how to understand, recognize, and safely manage a concussed athlete. The network of recognized clinics and trained practitioners offer accessible care to manage concussions and can co-manage patients with local family doctors and advanced care specialists. CCMI has a proven track record of developing and implementing concussion policies and programs for local, provincial/state, and national sports associations. For more information, visit www.completeconcussions.com.
For more information contact:
Dr Cameron Marshall
Complete Concussion Management Inc.
1 Kontos AP, Jorgensen-Wagers K, Trbovich AM, et al. Association of Time Since Injury to the First Clinic Visit With Recovery Following Concussion. JAMA Neurol. 2020;77(4):435–440. doi:10.1001/jamaneurol.2019.4552